Saturday, December 1, 2012

About My Discomforts as a Teen

I guess it's become "interesting" what it was like moving to the New Orleans area.  I think I was already pretty mad.  Suddenly, my mom stopped having us walk around as much and I gained weight and it was painful.  I was already being taunted as a complainer.  I pretty much said I knew I wouldn't like it, unless maybe we moved to the city and it turned out we didn't, like it was funny because it wasn't.  So, I kept saying that because they didn't seem to understand and was pretty mad, too, though, though I don't remember exactly the nature of what I said nor what I would have to say.  I don't think it's a big deal because I was just complaining based on how I felt.  It was supposedly unpleasant.  Anyway, we got there and I just felt really uncomfortable until I went to a public school.  I went to a public school in 1st & 2nd, I mean kindergarten and 1st grade.  That was the one time we lived in the city, like in a major city where the school was.

I always thought people should eventually feel sorry for me because I couldn't fix my life.  I was fat, for the 1st time, had quit gymnastics and could not find a ballet school.  I didn't have anywhere to "play."  I did cross country in high school.  In public schools in the area, I know they have track.  So, it was really embarrassing.  I wasn't really fat, but my face lost its profile.  I was already getting fatter where I lived before and I thought it was because we stopped walking.  I did tennis once a week, not sure we practiced a lot.  I got fat the beginning of my 1st year of 5th grade, but it was so busy I got skinnier.